Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder Review

30 October 2016


I was sent a bunch of Laura Mercier products and I have some awesome reviews coming your way, the first review I have is on the Mineral Finishing Powder in the shade 1.

You've probably heard of Laura Mercier - specifically her range of powders! I've really put the Mineral Finishing Powder to the test to let you know my opinions and preferred use!


One way you can use the Mineral Finishing Powder is under foundation. Yes. Under foundation. This is how I use the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores and I find that the Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder is similar! You moisturise or prime - or both - and then lightly powder your face, the powder will stick to your primer and keep you matte longer. This is great for dry skin girls who don't want to have powder on top of their foundation or a great extra step for oily skin. Give it a try if you haven't already!


The Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder is great for baking your face. It is super lightweight so it won't look cakey! If you're not experienced in baking there are about 100 thousand tutorials online - don't fear!


I've found that sometimes when I've finished my foundation I need a light dusting of powder and this powder is perfect for that! I'm not talking about a heavy application pressed on the skin, just a light dusting of powder on top of everything I've already done. This is my go to in particular if my foundation is looking too "dewy" or I know it's going to be a hot day.


I love setting my face with the Mineral Finishing Powder! When I set my face using this powder I fist set my concealer, finish my bronzer, blush, highlighter and then set the rest if my face. If I set my face with this powder first I find that it is really difficult to add powders on top. This is the perfect powder for lovers of cream products. If you add your base, cream contour & highlight - this powder would be amazing to finish it all off!


If you can't tell by now - I love this powder! I absolutely love finishing powders, they add that extra something to your makeup!



Post a Comment