MAC Snob Lipstick Dupe

6 January 2014

MAC Snob... Where do I start... Snob by MAC is my favourite lipstick, ever! Anyone who lives in Australia would know that MAC isn't cheap here. One MAC lipstick is going to set you back $36 AUD. I usually buy high end makeup online but there are so many fake MAC products around that I only buy from trusted sites otherwise I just visit a MAC counter. Anyway, when I found a dupe for Snob I was pretty happy!





I own six out of the million (so it seems) of shades of the NYX Round Lipstick. I'm the type of person to do my research before buying makeup online because more often than not the product is totally different than I expected! When I received Power I was so happy to see it on my lips. I wore it everday for a week straight! After a while, as usual, I reached for Snob and that's when I realised just how similar they are!






A lot of blogs and swatches show Snob to be a pale pink shade but it has always looked more purple to me, I would describe Snob as mauve. Power is identical but a tad more purple. The textures of the two is what makes them the most different! Snob is classed as a "satin finish" but is definitely more matte on my lips, it can be extremely drying if worn without a balm underneath! Power is creamy and isn't drying at all but does leave some weird goo on the lips when worn for a long time. Snob definitely lasts a lot longer on the lips.




NYX lipsticks range from $2 to $10 depending where you buy them and we all know the price of a MAC lipstick! I think Power is a great dupe for Snob, either way I love them both!

Post a Comment