SIGMAGIC Brush Shampoo Review

13 November 2016


The SIGMAGIC Brush Shampoo was recently released and with all of the amazing sales coming up on the Sigma site I thought it would be a perfect time to let you know my opinions!


"SigMagic™ Brushampoo™ is a groundbreaking product created to take brush care to the next level. Using 100% natural virgin coconut and ethically sourced palm oil, this cleanser effectively dissolves product build-up, oil residue and harmful bacteria to enhance the functionality of brushes."
The SigMagic is full of natural and safe ingredients - most brush cleansers and shampoos contain harmful chemicals and alcohols which can deteriorate your brushes.


"Combine SigMagic™ Brushampoo™ with any of our award-winning Sigma Spa® products for the deepest clean possible. Fragrance, sulfate and paraben free."
On the box it says to use 1 - 3 pumps but I found I needed quite a few pumps because the product dispensed was a very small amount.

I used my SigMagic with my Sigma Spa® Express Brush Cleaning Glove like the product recommends, I actually use my Sigma Glove for cleaning my brushes no matter what shampoo I use!


What I liked:
The SigMagic is so gentle. SO gentle. I find it perfect for natural hair brushes - it took out deep red eyeshadows, glitter, liner - it did a great job on my eyeshadow brushes! If you have brushes with natural or really soft synthetic hair the SigMagic is for you! It would be perfect for cleaning pretty brushes with dyed bristles (think Spectrum) because it's gentle enough to not ruin the bristles but still removes the product!
What I didn't like:
The SigMagic does work but it  doesn't work as well on synthetic brushes. I tried washing my synthetic foundation brushes - F80, 3DHD Brush etc - and after washing them twice there was still foundation in the bristles. The brushes were only used once or twice before washing - they weren't extremely dirty! So for your foundation & concealer brushes - I would stick to your heavy duty but for everything else - eyeshadow, blush, powder brushes - this is amazing!


I do think the SigMagic is a really good brush shampoo for your powder brushes, eyeshadow brushes & delicate or expensive brushes!


Post a Comment