Chi Chi Classics Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches

13 January 2014

Hey everyone! Over the past few months I have been really getting into my eye shadows! I find palettes to be a lot more convenient and they get more use than my single shadows, so much so that I have gotten rid of almost all of my single eye shadows! The palette that I have loved most at the moment is the Chi Chi Glamorous Classics Palette!



The Classics palette comes housed in a shiny black cardboard box with a clear window on the front, revealing the palette. The front is very fuss free and sleek. On the back there is a bit of information, ingredients, address. The usual. Around the sides of the box is a zigzag design which shows the colors in the palette – it’s really cool! Each different palette in this line has different colored zigzags! You can probably tell that I thought this was pretty cool!



The palette itself is made of plastic. The top is see through which is handy if you’re looking for a specific color. Although this design is lightweight and convenient, it isn’t exactly durable. I think that this palette 
may become a problem if travelling! 



There are 12 eye shadows in the Chi Chi Classics palette. In this particular palette there are 6 matte shades and 6 shimmery shades.




Eye shadow 1 is matte. It is a very pale, cool toned cream colour. This is a great dupe of Blanc Type by MAC. This shadow also blends really well and is incredibly soft.

Eye shadow 2 is matte. It is a cool toned medium taupey brown. Also blends really well!

Eye shadow 3 is matte. It is a cool toned greyish brown. Horrible to blend! This color is a little strange – it reminds me of NARS Coconut Grove but lighter in color.

Eye shadow 4 is shimmery. It is a pink based golden champagne. I originally thought this was just a gold shadow but compared to Urban Decay’s Half Baked – it isn’t gold! This shadow is like a mix between UD’s Half Baked and Bootycall! – I love it!


Eye shadow 5 is shimmery. It is a deep golden plum shade, so buttery and smooth!

Eye shadow 6 is shimmery. It is a dusty golden lavender! Also buttery and smooth!

Eye shadow 7 is matte. It is a dusty lavender shade and is easily blended! This is a great dupe for UD’s TeaseTease is just a bit more grey.

Eye shadow 8 is shimmery. It is also beautiful! It is a golden light peach, smooth and buttery.




Eye shadow 9 is shimmery. It is a very intense silver shimmer, almost an exact dupe for UD’s VerveVerve is a little more finely milled!

Eye shadow 10 is shimmery. It is a gorgeous taupey grey shade!

Eye shadow 11 is matte. It is a flat navy blue, I don’t love this or hate it. I think this shadow is a bit out of place in this palette.

Eye shadow 12 is matte. It is a flat dark grey and is kinda hard to work with! I think the last two shadows kinda lack!

This palette retails for $22.95 AUD and as you can see, most of these eye shadows are pretty awesome, even some Urban Decay dupes in there! The formula of the shimmery shadows is SO nice, they really won me over in this palette! I was a little disappointed by the matte shades; I am not that into matte eye shadows though!



*I won this eye shadow palette in a giveaway last year, all opinions are my own. 


Post a Comment