Kat Von D Lock-It Translucent Setting Powder Review

12 April 2017


I recently received a PR package with a bunch of beauty products in celebration of the newest Sephora Store to open its doors in Australia, this time it's close enough to me! One of the products in the package was the Kat Von D Lock It Setting Powder in Translucent, if you would like to know some more about the product & my thoughts then read on girl!


Setting Powder is something that can make or break your makeup look. If a powder is too heavy you can look cakey. The Lock It Setting Powder promises to be 30% more lightweight compared to leading setting powders so you can avoid that heavy cake face look! I can definitely agree that it is super lightweight and not cakey.



If you have tried the Lock It foundation you may be expecting a fully matte finish which isn't what this powder is. The Lock It Setting Powder has a luminous, satin finish. Think: a toned down version of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders but a loose powder!


I honestly thought I wouldn't like this powder because I expected heavy. I expected matte. I was so, so wrong! I thought it would be similar to the Lock It Foundation - super heavy, but it's not! The Lock It Setting Powder has kicked all of my favourite powders in the butt, I'm obsessed!



Post a Comment