NYX Butter Gloss Review

19 January 2014

Hey everyone! Unless you have been living under a rock there is a good chance you have heard of the NYX Butter Glosses. These glosses are super hyped about on YouTube by heaps of girls, including me! I thought I would do a blog post to let you know a little more about them! 


The shade I will be talking about is Creme Brûlée and it is currently the only shade I own! The Butter Glosses come packaged in a plastic tube, the colour of the tube is the same as the colour of the gloss, each tube is different.


Creme Brûlée is a creamy warm toned pink and looks very "natural." I love wearing this alone whether I have a lot of makeup on or minimal makeup - this gloss goes with everything. I also find that Creme Brûlée is a good way to make a beige nude appear more of a neutral nude! 


When first applied, the gloss feels a little sticky but once it has settled and sort of warmed up a bit it isn't sticky anymore. The texture is amazing, so creamy, it definitely feels like a more expensive gloss. It doesn't leave that weird gooey residue like some of the less expensive lip products tend to do.


You get 0.27 fl oz or 8mL in a Butter Gloss and the price can range from $5 to $10 depending on where you buy them. I bought mine in Target for $10.


Overall I love the Butter Gloss and I think I will be grabbing a couple more! There were recently a few more shades released and there are 20 shades in the collection, the colours range from deep red to light nude! Let me know if you have any Butter Glosses and which shades you recommend!




Post a Comment